Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future. QuantumScape is an energy storage technology company located in San Jose, California, and we are working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage. We seek to change the paradigm in energy storage by developing a completely new class of electrical energy storage devices. Our ground-breaking technology is based on work done by researchers at Stanford University.
We’re growing and are looking to add an Environmental Compliance Engineer to our team who can take our Environmental programs to the next level.
In this role, you will:
Develop, implement, and maintain programs to ensure environmental compliance with existing federal, state, and local regulations
Evaluate proposed environmental compliance laws and regulations to determine applicability and impact to current programs and operations
Manage BAAQMD permit requirements; participate in abatement selection, operation and discharges per air regulations
Manage TSCA compliance for all incoming and outgoing chemicals
Oversee chemical storage, handling, and waste management; serve as a technical resource in evaluating chemical hazards
Implement EHS management systems programs and associated documentation
Manage environmental/Sustainability metrics including Environmental exposure
Provide input in equipment design and installation projects in EHS; ensure environmental compliance during construction projects
Interface with site EHS committees and regulatory personnel
Play an integral part in the Emergency Response Team
Complete audits and assist in pollution prevention activities
Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- BS in chemistry or engineering fields
- 5+ years of work experience in the EH&S field
- Strong Environmental Experience, including hazardous materials and waste, air emissions, wastewater, sustainability
- Must demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Must be able to work in a fast-changing environment with Facilities, Hardware, and R&D leaders, and staffing at all levels
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of organization
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources, consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems, and mastering unfamiliar information, tasks, and situations quickly and effectively
- MS in chemistry or engineering fields
- CSP, CIH, or CHMM certification
- Experience working within a battery or automotive operations and/or manufacturing teams
- Strong project management skills as the position requires integration across various teams
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Experience with environmental audits, ISO 14000, TSCA compliance, IATA, BAAQMD compliance, waste minimization, sustainability
- Strong people skills as the position will be required to influence people
May work with airtight isolation chambers and/or wear neoprene or vinyl gloves for 15-30% of the time. May frequently reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. May be required to use hand or power tools. Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, lift, push and extend arms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.