Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, Berkeley CA
Pivot Bio is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our team! As the EH&S Specialist at Pivot Bio, you will lead and monitor the EH&S Programs across our North American operations. Our rapidly expanding teams in our labs, greenhouses, warehouse and offices will rely on your guidance as we scale our safety culture.
- Manage, develop, and implement Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)-related programs and projects that minimize risk and maximize employee safety and productivity
- Ensure EHS guidelines and procedures are centralized, current, accurate, compliant and effectively communicated
- Provide industrial hygiene monitoring services covering potential chemical exposure, biological survey, noise and indoor air quality monitoring, applying industrial hygiene data for continuous improvement of safe operations.
- Develop and perform EHS training, periodic inspections and audits, risk assessments, and work with stakeholders on solutions to identified program gaps, including business continuity planning.
- Ensure projects and routine work are executed safely, efficiently, and in accordance with all applicable codes
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Life Sciences or Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in safety, environmental or related field or certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Environmental Professional (CEP) with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience working in rapidly growing, multi-site organizations
- Excellent communication skills, results-orientation and ability to manage conflict
**Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team