Ponder Environmental Services, Inc. (PES), is a leader in vacuum truck services, waste transportation, storage tank cleaning, tank degassing, vapor control, roll off services, hazardous waste cleanup, steam cleaning / pressure washing and confined space rescue. Ponder is growing to meet our client’s needs and to create opportunities for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who encourages a diverse work force and promotes a policy of equal opportunity.
We are looking for a Field Safety Advisor for our Benicia, CA office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, coordinate with the Project Managers and Safety Manager.
- Support in the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Coach, mentor, and implement HS&E programs in the field.
- Assist with company compliance with all applicable legislation and applicable standards.
- Communicate to management team, supervision, and personnel of any new site safety regulation, safety procedure or client rules that could impact the project.
- Audit the JHA/JSA for compliance, job scope criteria, and give feedback in areas of improvement.
- Review and implement the client’s special safety requirements and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement.
- Represent the company, customer, and their employees to identify strengths and areas of improvement of knowledge and training of safety in the work environment.
- Perform safety audits of company crews while on job sites and perform periodic compliance audits as well as BBS.
- Documentation of safety audit findings.
- Correct, document, address all safety items, conditions, or safety concerns that can be corrected while on site. Utilize Stop Work Authority if IDLH to Personnel, Process, Product and or Property are identified.
- Lead or assist with accident or near miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions. Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and documented.
- Immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger.
- Participate in the safety committee.
- Ensure that sufficient PPE is available and used appropriately.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained, inspected, calibrated, and repaired or put out-of-service as necessary.
- Ensure that all vehicles are inspected and properly maintained to include ensuring that they have the required safety items stored properly to include fire extinguishers, first aid kit, safety data sheets, accident reporting kits, etc.
- Confidential information may be visible and/or available due to the nature of the position, this confidential proprietary information and use of this information is for business purposes only.
- Travel may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of safety experience.
- CA Driver’s License with a clean CMV record.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety policies and applicable Federal OSHA, Cal OSHA, and DOT standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with public speaking ability a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead safety trainings.
- Can recognize safety conditions and concerns. Bringing solutions to safety concerns is a plus.
- The ability to communicate safety information with a positive attitude.
- Must have computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be organized.
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazardous waste, confined space, confined space rescue, and the oil and gas industry.
- Professional Safety Credentials (Preferred STS, CHSP, OHST)
- Certified HAZWOPER 40 Hr. Trainer
- Certified CPR/First Aid/ AED Trainer
- Certified MSHA 48 Trainer
We offer a competitive salary package which includes 401K Employer Match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Group Accident, Vacation pay, Holiday Pay and Sick pay.