Two opening position: Reporting to Roseville-CA or Dublin-CA Office and Fresno – CA Office
The ideal candidate would be located within the areas of Sacramento to Santa Rosa and south to Concord to cover the book of business this position manages
Identifies employee injury/illness exposures and provides workers’ compensation cost control services. Consults with policyholders and internal partners to reduce policyholder loss potential. Supports effective workers’ compensation underwriting with timely and accurate policy rating and risk information. Works under moderate supervision and guidance within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate size and technical complexity. All tasks are to be performed with the goal of achieving an underwriting profit and demonstrating Zenith’s superior workers’ compensation expertise.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct assigned underwriting surveys at prospect and policyholder locations to define business operations, and key employee injury/illness exposures and controls.
- Identify and evaluate the following workplace safety & health exposures: manual material handling and ergonomics; machinery and equipment; falls; motor vehicles; and occupational disease.
- Evaluate effectiveness of prospect and policyholder safety & health programs and workforce wellness initiatives.
- Identify moderate complexity engineering and/or administrative controls to reduce workers’ compensation loss potential.
- Use evidence-based safety & health service approach to identify key trends and prioritize policyholder service needs.
- Develop safety & health service plans and performs ongoing consultation to assigned service accounts.
- Develop and submit recommendations to reduce policyholder employee injury/illness potential and workers’ compensation costs.
- Influence policyholders to implement safety & health recommendations.
- Build and maintain productive policyholder and agency work relationships.
- Prepare effective reports for policyholders and internal partners.
- Conduct effective investigation of serious workers’ compensation incidents.
- Coordinate safety & health services for multi-location, single region policyholders.
- Conduct policyholder training primarily based on need.
- Market Zenith and the Safety & Health department.
- Meet department standards for individual work quality, productivity, and time service.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience OR equivalent work experience required. In order for work experience to be qualifying, experience must have been obtained in an industry of interest, providing progressively responsible insurance risk control or job-related safety services required.
- 1+ Years Safety and Health experience required with bachelor’s degree.
- Must be working toward achieving a Safety & Health related master’s degree or recognized professional designation such as CSP, ARM or CIH.
- Working knowledge of return to work program features and benefits.
- Effective communication, sales and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other common business software.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary Zenith systems.
- Ability to effectively operate mobile computer and communication devices.
- Driver License in good standing.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation and agriculture insurance; including basic understanding of experience modification, underwriting, and claims practices preferred.
- Basic understanding of key performance measures for workers’ compensation insurance carrier preferred.
- Basic understanding of occupational medicine provider network features and benefits preferred.
- Familiar with P&C insurance agent and broker operations preferred.
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in the Agricultural sector preferred.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
For more information or to apply, please visit Zenith Careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Zenith Insurance Company.