Job Title Construction Safety Engineer (Experienced) Job ID 676377
Location: Livermore, California
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking an experienced Construction ES&H Professional (job title: Safety Engineer) to join the Occupational Health and Safety team. In this role, you will supervise field safety of construction work activities in addition to a variety of other duties, such as project planning, hazard analysis, and project walk-downs.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct project walk-downs focused on safe work practices and conduct coaching conversations when corrections are required.
- Facilitate safety meetings where safety trends, gap analyses, and mitigation plans are communicated.
- Review high hazard work prior to execution to include critical lifts, confined space entries, high voltage work, pressure testing, fall protection plans, etc.
- Pre-qualify contract companies by evaluating EHS programs to determine if contract company meets regulatory standards
- Provide guidance, assistance and direction regarding EHS requirements to the construction project management team
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal health and safety regulations
- Participate and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures
- Perform frequent combined safety and environmental inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge and ability to take immediate corrective action if required
- Practice and maintain strong communication and excellent teaming skills between all organizations
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field plus five or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in construction safety or related industrial experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910, 1926, ANSI and NFPA codes and requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Certified CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) preferred
- Experience with training programs associated with heavy equipment including backhoes, aerial lifts, etc.
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical and process plumbing systems
About Our Team
The Department provides Occupational Health and Safety Engineering support services to the SNL/CA site and personnel. Support includes: radiation protection, industrial hygiene, chemical management, safety engineering and ergonomics.
Security Clearance Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance