at Nuro HQ – Mountain View, CA
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist is responsible for assisting in the coordination and execution of environmental, health, and safety programs to safeguard Nuro’s employees, places, and community while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements. These responsibilities include implementation and oversight of projects in response to EHS concerns, as well as the implementation of environment, health and safety programs.
About the Work
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the ability to successfully prioritize and execute key deliverables in alignment with team and organizational goals, and be comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. You will possess a growth and stretch mindset, know how to stay self-motivated, feel empowered to take initiative, and lead by example while championing Nuro’s values.
- Conduct or assist in the presentation and deployment of EHS training, complying with all applicable regulatory requirements; documents training properly
- Execute and document safety inspections, job hazards analyses, and other evaluations to identify hazards and potential risks
- Assists in the execution and drives continuous improvement of the Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Completes accident and incident investigation reports, escalating as necessary
- Coordinates and executes appropriate inspection of the Safety Equipment (Fire Extinguishers, AEDs, Eye Wash Stations, Ladders, First Aid Kits, etc.)
- Participates in and/or facilitates the Safety Committees and Monthly Safety Meetings
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes Safety & Environmental performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety Management or related experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- No “job-too-small” mindset
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 3rd party/Vendor Management experience
- Proven ability to develop and communicate conceptual improvements/procedures to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.