JC-337285 – Senior Loss Prevention Consultant
SENIOR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE
$6,082.00 – $7,618.00 per Month
Final Filing Date: 11/28/2022
Job Description and Duties
Are you ready to join a dynamic team of safety professionals who are dedicated to helping employers in California make their workplaces safe? Do you share a passion for helping people? Our team members are devoted to a noble purpose – to provide fairly priced workers’ compensation insurance, to help make workplaces safe, and to restore injured workers. We’re always on the look-out for talented new employees who are motivated by this purpose and driven by a desire to do the right thing for our policyholders,
for injured workers, and for each other.
State Compensation Insurance Fund is looking for a safety professional to join our team who will provide occupational safety and health services to our insured employers in Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, San Benito, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Monterey Counties. This is a teleworking position which requires frequent travel to assigned accounts and mileage is reimbursed.
You will be working with:
- Employers with small to medium size workforces, risks of mid-level complexity
- Employers may have multiple locations
- Employers with significant losses related to easily identifiable hazards and industrial operations with mid-range sophistication
- Employers who need specialized services of lesser complexity, such as industrial hygiene services (i.e. noise dosimetry) or ergonomic surveys of their job sites
We are seeking for self-driven, people-oriented safety professionals with the
following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health is a plus
- Ability to assess workplace injury/illness risk based on business
- Ability to assess workplace injury/illness risk based on business operations to improve
- Ability to interpret charts, graphs and mechanical relationships
- Proficient at public presentations in order to train employees and employers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and work with minimal direct supervision – Team player
- Effective written and oral communication skills. This includes exceptional report writing skills with a variety of report writing software
- Ability to document effectively, using non-technical terms and vocabulary that will be clearly understood by employers
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
Designations are a plus
This position is classified as a Senior Workers Compensation Insurance Representative, but we will consider hiring at the Workers Compensation Insurance Representative classification.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
This position has an option to telework and is subject to change based on State Fund
guidelines and business needs.
Starting June 2022, selected candidate(s) hired may be required to attend in-person Onboarding at our Vacaville office. Expenses for Onboarding attendance would be paid by State Fund
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification
- Senior Workers’ Compensation Insurance Representative
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Representative