Gachina is a WBENC and MBE certified family business located in the SF Bay Area. We strive to continuously improve our approach to landscape management using the latest technology, science and by following the 8 Principles of ReScape California.
|Job Title: Associate Safety Officer||Classification: Full-time; Exempt|
|Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000||Schedule: M-F 7:00am to 4:00pm; may vary based on the needs of the business|
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Indirectly Reports To: Safety Officer
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000
Reporting Location: 1130 Obrien Dr. Menlo Park, CA 94025
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7-4pm; may vary based on the needs of the business
The Associate Safety Officer is responsible for assisting in managing the company’s Health and Safety Program including the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and assisting accident prevention strategies. The Associate Safety Officer champions the Gachina safety culture, nurtures employee relationships and ensures compliance with standard operating procedures. They will work cooperatively with operations to engage employees and management in accident prevention, daily stretching program, safety inspections, injury investigations, training, and initiatives proposed.
Primary Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Safety Training & Inspections:
- Assist with tracking and implementation of all programs under Gachina Landscape Management’s Health & Safety Program.
- Performs safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with accident prevention strategies, policy, and procedures.
- Coordinates Accident Prevention Training such as the Weekly Tailgate Training Program to educate and inform the workforce on accident prevention.
- Tracks and documents potential risks, hazards, nearly missed accidents and actual accidents to understand causes and provide recommendations for changes to prevent future incidents and corrective measures for repeated incidents.
- Serves as a representative and participant for all OSHA visits and investigations.
- Support Gachina’s Certification Program on safety procedures
- Fleet Safety & Training:
- Assists in reviewing and investigating auto and property damages.
- Assists in investigation of theft and assists in recommendations in preventive measures.
- Assists in managing the Motor Observations Reports (MORs) program
- Assists in monitoring the fleet GPS program and makes the necessary recommendations to the HR director and Safety Officer
- Provides training assistance for employees having difficulties in navigating the fleet GPS platform and rolls out any new initiatives.
- Workers Compensation & First Aid Investigations:
- Provides support on workers compensation and first aid claims by assisting in injury investigations and presents recommendations for improvement to Safety Officer and HR Director.
- Facilities Compliance:
- Complete walkthrough of each facility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure warehouse is following Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
- Egress areas are maintained.
- Any safety violations or potential hazards have been addressed.
- Other Duties:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Travels between jobsites and branch locations to conduct safety inspections, follow ups and investigations.
- Maintains a positive and productive relationships and partnerships with third party vendors, clients, and insurers (brokers & Risk Loss Assessors)
- Successfully completes required trainings and certifications programs within a reasonable time frame
- Performs other related duties and proposed initiatives as assigned by the Director of HR.
- Employee Relations:
- Support and enhance company safety culture and build strong teams.
- Support team development, training and certification programs
- Support and follow up on resolution of personnel and safety issues, disciplinary actions, and employee relation needs.
- Contribute to investigations and resolutions for positive and cohesive outcomes.
Experience, Qualifications, and Additional Compensation:
- Valid CA Driver’s License and must be pre-authorized by the Company’s insurance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in safety, risk assessment or in similar role or responsibilities
- Basic understanding of company safety policies, applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards and industry specific safety regulations with local, federal, and state laws.
- Effective verbal and written communications in English/Spanish
- Proficiency with Telephone/Voicemail Technology and computers – iPhone OS, business management systems, MS Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams)
- Ability to develop strong employee relationships, responsive and receptive to employee and management requests.
- Organized and self-motivated – meet deadlines and associated follow ups.
- Lead by example – positive attitude, initiative, team oriented, and strong role model
- Communicate priorities, follow-up to ensure quality and hold team members accountable.
- Ability to demonstrate safety related tasks including but not limited to: lifting up to 25lbs., Full range of mobility in upper and lower body including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach and extended with arms and hands
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and operate computer, phone, and other tools and equipment as needed
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification
- HAZWOPER certification
- Heavy Equipment Training
- NALP CLT or equivalent certification
- ReScape California RSQP
- ASSP(American Society of Safety Professionals), CSP(Certified Safety Professional) or equivalent, COSS(Certified Occupational Safety Specialist) certification
- AA/BA in Business Administration, Risk Management, Horticulture, or similar
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan & Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Gift Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Appreciation & Development Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- iPhone & Laptop for business purposes
- Company Vehicle for business purposes
Click the link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=784ad60f-aa2e-499c-a19c-845792321aad&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US