Safesite is looking for a Risk Control Consultant on the west coast with Insurance background. This person will be responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement of Safesite’s Safety Success and risk management programs. Reporting to the Head of Safety Success, this role will ultimately be responsible for ensuring safety services are deployed effectively to Safesite customers and improving safety performance. Services will include a wide range of conventional safety consultancy as well as technology-driven initiatives primarily delivered via the Safesite platform.
The ideal candidate is an expert in commercial safety programs, risk evaluation, and industry best practices. In addition, the successful candidate will be instrumental in establishing and supporting, from a safety success perspective, insurance service operations which include risk management and control.
Our vision at Safesite is to eliminate workplace injuries for high-risk industries and reduce insurance costs. Thousands of workers are injured every day around the world. These hard-working mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, sisters, and brothers are the essential engine room of the world economy. Just one injury can snowball, affecting every area of a worker’s life.
We are a venture-backed, fast-growing company, providing much-needed solutions to industries that have been left behind when it comes to technology adoption. Over the next 2 years, Safesite will see rapid growth in its customer base, revenue, and operating team furthering our mission to help save the lives of workers across the world. We will not rest until every worker feels safe on the job and can be 100% confident they will go home at the end of the day.
By deploying the latest technologies into the field and capturing critical safety and risk data from the frontline workers, Safesite is able to accurately predict and help customers prevent workplace injuries. 4,000 US companies use the Safesite app and desktop portal on a daily basis to facilitate OSHA compliance activities, drive safety engagement, and dramatically reduce incidents and claim frequency. Safesite brings an advanced digital solution to the traditional loss control model and through strategic partnerships, customers can now significantly reduce expensive workers compensation costs.
Check out our website at www.safesitehq.com
- Consults, advises, and persuades more complex policyholder operations on ways and means to eliminate or minimize their exposure to risk. Recommends modification of current program based on his/her evaluation. Obtains an agreement from the policyholder on an implementation plan to reduce areas of loss and bring the strategy to satisfactory completion.
- Clearly communicate value and expectations to clients and peers, and align prospective clients with defined safety protocols.
- Prepare strategic risk management and risk control services for customers.
- Review existing and new customer IIPP, safety program element, and loss performance coordinating the update of compliance documentation as required.
- Ensure customers are equipped, and supported using Safesite resources to meet all safety obligations, and be compliant with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to Health, and Safety.
- Perform ongoing risk evaluation and servicing of key accounts across a wide range of high-risk industries including construction, manufacturing, and general industry.
- Define and coordinate regular safety performance reviews with customer safety stakeholders.
- Be at the forefront of upcoming new and revised regulatory requirements.
- Seek opportunities to utilize data and technology to enhance Safesite’s operations.
- Identify and conduct analysis of claims, historical losses, and loss trend analysis data to identify and target high-risk exposures for clients.
- Work closely with colleagues to define, implement and test internal systems for management of customer safety success.
- Traveling to job sites as required and performing any additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Insurance carrier loss control or brokerage loss control services.
- ASP, CSP, ARM or other professional designation preferred.
- This candidate must be located in the West Coast region ( Northern CA or NV preferred) or be able to travel as required to complete responsibilities.
- A high degree of tech awareness. Experience with digital solutions, including wearables, a plus.
- Background working with construction companies, contract consulting work, insurance agencies, brokerages and carriers.
- Experience in loss risk management consulting and claims management with commercial workers compensation insurance stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agriculture background is a plus
- Spanish language experience is a plus.
As a fully remote company, the compensation range provided is based on a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, and other business and organizational needs and is based on national averages*. At Foresight Group, and its subsidiaries, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,000-$105,000+ bonus + equity.
*Location will be considered if the role is required to be located in a certain geographic area