Associate Director / Director, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
The Associate Director / Director EHS is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with demonstrated advanced knowledge of environmental health & safety practices, and procedures. An EHS professional who applies established EHS principles, practices, regulations and internal standards, interacts with customers and is solutions-minded in driving the EHS program forward. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our employees. Manages and implements environmental health and safety (EH&S) programs which include hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
This role is a key position for Adicet Bio and the successful candidate will significantly impact and inform our bioprocesses used to produce engineered toxin bodies. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for you to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts and to be challenged and lead positive change.
What you will do:
- Uphold Company Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Engage with Site Leadership to drive long-term strategic actions to achieve incident reduction
- Implement policy and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, regional, and local laws and for the reduction of EH&S liabilities and maintains the department’s quality assurance programs.
- Design, Build, and Lead the EHS program for all Company clinical and commercial production sites
- Acts as administrative liaison for all EHS regulatory agency inspections and surveys, including EPA, DOHS, OSHA, and Local and State Fire Marshalls
- Communicates strategies, priorities and recommends corrective actions to facility leadership, department managers and employees
- Direct the efforts of EHS Specialists and consultants
- Leads the development and continuous improvement of EHS procedures and standards
- Responsible for the delivery of New Hire and Contractor Safety Training Programs
- Responsible for defining, reporting and achieving all EHS targets and KPI
- Leads other professionals and management in the application of standard EHS theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Applies standard EHS principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions, and recommend options for defined problems
- Assures conformance to OHSA regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Initiates and cultivates open, professional relationships with stakeholders by establishing rapport and developing an understanding of others’ needs and common goals
- Remains current on applicable EHS regulations through regular professional development
What you will bring:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, Occupational Health, Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- 3 years or more supervisory experience
- Demonstrated success in independent judgment, technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others in a cGMP environment
- Experience in Risk Assessments & Job Hazard Analysis for biologics and pharmaceuticals
- Demonstrated effective cross-functional communication.
- Skill in listening to and understanding others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentation
- Interacts well with diverse groups and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- Ability to work well with other technical staff and scientist/engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment
This position will have supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Vice President, Facilities & Engineering.
Company. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Chris Newsome, The Newsome Group