About Western Allied Mechanicals
Western Allied Mechanical stands on the cutting edge of HVAC system design and operation. We combine innovative thinking and technologies with our intricate engineering to create, build and maintain comfortable, energy-efficient environments. Our relational focus and entrepreneurial spirit continually drive us to attract and develop the finest talent, while building and enduring customer relationships. We strive to be Driven by Innovation, Grounded in Care and Dedicated to Teamwork. Western Allied has been Operating for over 50 years as a mechanical contractor for bio-tech, high tech, retrofit, and LEED/Green projects. We are looking for intelligent, organized and innovative people to join our team!
Description of Position
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join our team. As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (ESH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. In this role, you will collaborate closely with employees at all levels of the organization to promote safety awareness and establish safety protocols. You will conduct regular safety inspections, risk assessments, and incident investigations to identify potential hazards and implement corrective actions. Additionally, the Safety Officer will be responsible for creating and delivering safety training programs to enhance employee knowledge and adherence to safety standards. You will play a crucial part in maintaining documentation and records related to safety compliance and incident reports. Join our team and make a meaningful contribution to maintaining a secure and healthy work environment for all employees.
Pay Range: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to work closely with Senior Safety Coordinator on all safety matters
- Assist in planning and implementation of EHS policies and programs (IIPP & COSP)
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational Training and Employee work related training on a regular basis (Must poses instructor skills)
- Certified Trainer a plus, or must be able to complete OSHA 30, 510
- Review existing policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with Safety Team to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Assist in risk assessments
- Assist with preventative safety measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Project site inspections to assist employees with rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees’ safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1-4 years of experience as a site Safety or similar role. Time will be divided between office and field verification and auditing of construction sites.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices (Hazard Identification)
- 5 years of experience in producing reports (Incident, Accident investigation a plus)
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office, iPhone and use of basic computer technology.
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BCSP Certified in occupational health and safety (STSC at minimum) or equivalent OSHA Certificate
- Desired: ASP, GSP, OSHA Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program, EMT
Working at Western Allied Mechanical comes with a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a 401K Plan, discretionary 401K profit-sharing & matching, and Paid Time Off. This is a rewarding position that offers the excitement and satisfaction of working both individually and with a team. As a company with fewer than 350 employees, we are focused on supporting the professional growth of our employees and treating them like family. Our open-door policy facilitates our culture of mutual support that permeates work experience. Our location in Union City is ideal for commutes from all over the Bay Area.
Western Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer located in Union City, CA. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in working with us.
Please submit an application through our website: https://www.westernallied.com/careers/current- openings/