Bolt Threads – EHS Specialist
At Bolt Threads, we believe that answers to our most vexing problems can be found in nature. Every day we’re inspired by the amazing materials we work with, and driven by the desire to turn these materials into incredible products. We are a venture backed, idea driven company, led by world-class scientific and engineering talent, as well as experienced executives from the technology and apparel industries.
Environmental Safety Health Specialist
We seek a dedicated Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist who is able to work independently and as an integral team member. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for supporting environmental, health, and safety programs. Provide assistance and to advance safety programs, awareness, and incentives to meet department goals. These functions would include, assistance with regulatory requirements of the Federal and State Agencies EPA and CA CUPA respectively, DOT and other environmental regulations, accident prevention, and employee wellness. Ensure ongoing compliance with OSHA requirements and interface with agencies as related to safety and the environment. Influences site leadership to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes. This role provides daily oversight of lab management activities to ensure a safe work environment and environmental best practices.
• Implementing/overseeing EHS programs to ensure fulfillment of governmental regulatory obligations in a cost-effective manner and effectively managing environmental risk.
• Compile data, develop and distribute EHS management programs to maximize efficient metric tracking, and information sharing.
• Maintain a comprehensive hazardous waste management programs.
• Implement and perform planning, training, inspection, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all health and safety compliance programs.
• Assist with investigation of incidents including injuries, near misses, releases, and property damage to determine root causes and prepares/directs corrective and preventive action plans.
• Provide administrative support of the SDS/chemical management programs to track chemicals and raw materials uses in our manufacturing, research, and development operations. Including training and development of SDS concepts, standards, and processes.
• Coordinating and managing third-party service vendors/contractors with respect to environmental, health and safety programs
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, safety or closely related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree.
• At least 3-5 years progressive Environmental, Health and Safety experience
• DOT, IATA, CHMM certifications a plus.
• General knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols and procedures as they pertain to chemical safety, labor, industrial hygiene or environmental health standards (OSHA, CALEPA, EPA, DOT, IATA)
• Experience with EHS management systems including SDS and chemical inventory systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and deal professionally with internal and external customers.
• Collaborative work ethic but can also work autonomously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• This position requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, and stoop and perform light lifting. Requires ability to regularly lift 10-20 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to be “on call” to respond to emergency response calls and facilities issues.
To apply: https://boltthreads.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77