EHS Specialist, Tesla Lathrop
The EHS Specialist is responsible for complex technical work within a wide range of EHS disciplines across. The EHS Specialist supports day-to-day operations by managing a number of EHS processes including developing safety training and participating in the auditing process. EHS Specialists play a key role in the incident reporting and analysis process and work closely with Supervisors and associates across multiple business units to develop and implement corrective actions preventing reoccurrence. They will also work with Supervisors to implement best practices within a comprehensive safety management system.
- Support day-to-day EHS operations and process management
- Develop and maintain strong communication between all organizations within factory production operations
- Assist with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of EHS management system processes
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal environmental, health, and safety regulations
- Lead incident analyses to determine root cause(s), prevention, and corrective measures
- Design safe workspaces and create policies for employees to follow that minimize job-related hazards
- Provide support for EHS programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc.
- Develop and conduct education and training for processes required in your department
- Support remanufacturing operations to ensure adequate EHS policies and procedures are in place and adhered to
- Support die casting and CNC machining operations
- 3+ years of experience within a health and safety role
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety-related discipline
- Certifications – ASP certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Practical, hands-on experience with LOTO, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, Providing education/training, Risk assessment, Incident Analysis
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with Supervisors and Associates
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail