Health & Safety Consultant or Senior Health & Safety (Mid – Senior Level) Evergreen
Please send resumes to Natasha Kelso Natasha.Kelso@erm.com directly for consideration.
Do you want to help the top global companies be successful by keeping their most valuable asset – their people – safe? Do you enjoy collaborating with like-minded EHS professionals with local, national and global teams on fast-paced, interesting projects? Are you the type of EHS professional who has a habit of delivering more than the client expects? If the answer is yes, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Join the successful and rapidly growing ERM team – the largest dedicated team of EHS professionals in the world. We are looking for committed and energetic professionals to help the worlds’ most dynamic and innovative companies in the tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors tackle some of their most important health and safety challenges.
We are hiring health safety consultants for multiple positions in the San Francisco Bay Area to help large, well-known California and global companies address a wide array of health and safety challenges such as:
Chemical or Lab Safety
- Industrial Hygiene
- Robotics Safety
- Entertainment Production Safety
- Safety Process Improvement
- Behavior Based Safety
- Laser Safety
- Process Hazard Assessment
- ISO 14001/18001 / 45000, Management Systems
- Construction safety
- Food safety
- Machine Guarding
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- NFPA 70E
- RoHS/WEEE (Product Stewardship)
- Big data
- BioSafety and biohazards
- Data center safety
- Electrical safety
- And many others
- Spend time onsite with clients throughout Silicon Valley and the Bay Area to help solve their most pressing H&S challenges.
- Assist the world’s most innovative companies develop solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues and concerns.
- Understand how your work affects our clients’ business objectives and help them achieve these objectives.
- Implement innovative H&S programs and strategies in the areas of behavior-based safety, auditing for compliance, safety management systems, process safety and risk management, high-impact training, and compliance support.
- Support our clients desire to improve their safety performance by providing training, field coaching, and targeted EHS assessments.
- Manage a variety of projects to achieve scope, budget and schedule targets while ensuring we meet and exceed our clients expectations on deliverables.
- Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to exceed their expectations.
- Work with various project teams to effectively delegate assignments, and act as a mentor to more junior staff members. Train the next generation of health and safety leaders!
- Build a network within and outside of ERM that will enable you to leverage your skills and solve challenging multi-disciplinary client challenges.
- BS/MS in safety, occupational health, engineering, or related science degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in working with significant private-sector clients on regulatory compliance and sustainable H&S compliance programs, with emphasis on the tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors.
- Certification in field of expertise; CSP, CIH, PE, or similar certification highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of the relevant local, state and federal regulations and how they apply to specific industries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Travel throughout the Bay Area to work with a variety of clients is expected.
- Have substantial experience with practical implementation of one or more of the following H&S focus areas from above.
- Good team player, especially during challenging situations.
- Be a go-getter that can manage multiple projects and priorities
- Be able to delegate and utilize junior staff effectively.
- Be ethical, responsive, and positive.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity from clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,700 people who work on projects around the world. We invite you to join us in contributing to a progressive and sustainable future!
Additional Job Description
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that ERM hires for throughout the year. It is a way for ERM to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within ERM.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!