The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
Location: EMERYVILLE, CA
Reporting Function: OPERATIONS
Status: FULL TIME – EXEMPT
MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we build with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for EHS compliance with company, local, state, and federal requirements.
- Develop schedules, prepare permit applications and provide documentation to demonstrate compliance with company and agency requirements.
- Oversee training and inspection processes for all EHS programs.
- Provide technical support for on-going problem solving and EHS investigations.
- Provide leadership in developing, strategic implementation and management of EHS policies, procedures and practices.
- Respond to EHS incidents and lead the investigation process.
- Develop and manage IIPP.
- Manage COVID onsite rapid testing and ensure COVID guidelines are met.
- Review and inform leadership of company and regulatory changes and prepare the facility for compliance with these changes through a management of change process.
- Develop an effective communication process to make safety priorities and performance visible. Coach and work with facility leadership to be a visible role model.
- Maintain and develop recordkeeping systems to demonstrate compliance, including but not limited to, tracking spreadsheets and databases.
- Act as the point of contact for all scheduled agency inspections.
- Actively participate in internal and external discussions and meetings, with auditors, agencies, consultants & EHS corporate staff.
- Effectively and proactively manage all environmental financial aspects, including but not limited to: environmental compliance submissions, renewals, training, etc.
- Obtain and maintain permits, coordinate timely disposal of hazardous waste, universal waste, medical waste, and maintain proper documentation. Track on time submission of all required reports and forms to appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain good relations with regulatory agencies.
- Review all capital projects with regard to EHS implications and permitting requirements. Provide management with details of what will be required and permitting timelines.
- Managing and measuring work.
- Prioritization and time management of responsibilities with varying levels of complexity.
- Ability to actively participate in team development, team-oriented processes, and motivate others to do the same.
- Strong aptitude for organization, prioritization, and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through others.
- Approachability and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking) required.
- Functional and technical skills, able to flow from task to task as the need arises.
- Ability to interpret complex legal and regulatory documents, then translate for others to understand.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and make decisions.
- Computer literate (MS Office) with emphasis in spreadsheet software.
- Attention to detail and the capability to analyze data and make sound conclusions.
3 to 5 years of EHS experience in manufacturing
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today!
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Territory Health and Safety Manager based in our Stockton, CA Distribution Center.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of safety at the Distribution Center. Additionally, this individual will partner with surrounding branches throughout NorCal and Nevada to establish and maintain safety practices and procedures. Travel is required and must have a valid driver’s license.
**This is an individual contributor role and will not manage a team**
- Effectively partner and lead site and regional leaders in safety initiatives, holding leaders accountable for maintaining established standards, also providing influence and guidance on all matters related to health, safety, and environmental issues
- Execute HSE training, programs, and processes in partnership with site and regional leaders
- Train new associates in the organization’s safe operating procedures and HSE standards
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA compliance, HSE inspections, and required HSE reports
- Monitor environment to ensure that work areas, tools and equipment meet HSE requirements
- Ensure associates operate powered industrial equipment according to Safe Operating Procedures and Ferguson Safety Policies
- Document all HSE incidents and lead accident investigations, following established reporting and recording requirements
- Manage Safety Committee meetings, publish agendas, email invitations and committee minutes along with overseeing the follow up on any items requiring resolution/attention
- Compile data on location incidents rates, restricted duty, and lost time per SOP
- Oversee injured worker treatment plans, restricted duty, and lost time claims
- Communicate with worker’s comp carrier as needed to ensure cases are managed to completion
- Perform all work in accordance with established HSE standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises, branches or at project site
- Provides project teams with guidance on health and safety and confirm projects meet company, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Provide technical support to and consultation to site and regional leadership
- Perform other duties or functions as requested by management
- Provide strong leadership to drive a culture of safety, previous work experience leading safety efforts in an industrial multi-site environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline plus minimum of 3 years of HSE specific experience or minimum of 8 -10 years’ experience required
- Candidate must be willing to work varied shifts depending on the needs of the location. Position will include spending time on night shift as well as rare weekends if needed
- Ability to create and train utilizing Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Possess hazard recognition skills to identify risk and to implement corrective action plans
- Ability to tactfully coach, mentor, and correct unsafe behavior in real time
- Must be able to work in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Certification in OSHA safety procedures preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional presentation and written skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with individuals professionally and confidently at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!
Ponder Environmental Services, Inc. (PES), is a leader in vacuum truck services, waste transportation, storage tank cleaning, tank degassing, vapor control, roll off services, hazardous waste cleanup, steam cleaning / pressure washing and confined space rescue. Ponder is growing to meet our client’s needs and to create opportunities for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer who encourages a diverse work force and promotes a policy of equal opportunity.
We are looking for a Field Safety Advisor for our Benicia, CA office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, coordinate with the Project Managers and Safety Manager.
- Support in the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Coach, mentor, and implement HS&E programs in the field.
- Assist with company compliance with all applicable legislation and applicable standards.
- Communicate to management team, supervision, and personnel of any new site safety regulation, safety procedure or client rules that could impact the project.
- Audit the JHA/JSA for compliance, job scope criteria, and give feedback in areas of improvement.
- Review and implement the client’s special safety requirements and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement.
- Represent the company, customer, and their employees to identify strengths and areas of improvement of knowledge and training of safety in the work environment.
- Perform safety audits of company crews while on job sites and perform periodic compliance audits as well as BBS.
- Documentation of safety audit findings.
- Correct, document, address all safety items, conditions, or safety concerns that can be corrected while on site. Utilize Stop Work Authority if IDLH to Personnel, Process, Product and or Property are identified.
- Lead or assist with accident or near miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions. Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and documented.
- Immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger.
- Participate in the safety committee.
- Ensure that sufficient PPE is available and used appropriately.
- Ensure that all safety equipment is properly maintained, inspected, calibrated, and repaired or put out-of-service as necessary.
- Ensure that all vehicles are inspected and properly maintained to include ensuring that they have the required safety items stored properly to include fire extinguishers, first aid kit, safety data sheets, accident reporting kits, etc.
- Confidential information may be visible and/or available due to the nature of the position, this confidential proprietary information and use of this information is for business purposes only.
- Travel may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of safety experience.
- CA Driver’s License with a clean CMV record.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety policies and applicable Federal OSHA, Cal OSHA, and DOT standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with public speaking ability a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead safety trainings.
- Can recognize safety conditions and concerns. Bringing solutions to safety concerns is a plus.
- The ability to communicate safety information with a positive attitude.
- Must have computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be organized.
- Understanding and knowledge of Hazardous waste, confined space, confined space rescue, and the oil and gas industry.
- Professional Safety Credentials (Preferred STS, CHSP, OHST)
- Certified HAZWOPER 40 Hr. Trainer
- Certified CPR/First Aid/ AED Trainer
- Certified MSHA 48 Trainer
We offer a competitive salary package which includes 401K Employer Match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Group Accident, Vacation pay, Holiday Pay and Sick pay.
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, Berkeley CA
Pivot Bio is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to join our team! As the EH&S Specialist at Pivot Bio, you will lead and monitor the EH&S Programs across our North American operations. Our rapidly expanding teams in our labs, greenhouses, warehouse and offices will rely on your guidance as we scale our safety culture.
- Manage, develop, and implement Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)-related programs and projects that minimize risk and maximize employee safety and productivity
- Ensure EHS guidelines and procedures are centralized, current, accurate, compliant and effectively communicated
- Provide industrial hygiene monitoring services covering potential chemical exposure, biological survey, noise and indoor air quality monitoring, applying industrial hygiene data for continuous improvement of safe operations.
- Develop and perform EHS training, periodic inspections and audits, risk assessments, and work with stakeholders on solutions to identified program gaps, including business continuity planning.
- Ensure projects and routine work are executed safely, efficiently, and in accordance with all applicable codes
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Life Sciences or Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in safety, environmental or related field or certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Environmental Professional (CEP) with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience working in rapidly growing, multi-site organizations
- Excellent communication skills, results-orientation and ability to manage conflict
**Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team