EHS Engineer – Sila Nanotechnologies
Posted: Aug 10, 2020
WHO WE ARE
We change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. Our technology is a new chemistry that increases the energy density of Li-Ion batteries, which enables more features and design options for consumer devices and longer range, higher performance, and greater affordability for electric vehicles. Our product works today, drops into existing battery manufacturing processes, and is manufacturable economically at scale.
We believe how we work together is as important as the great things we accomplish. Foundational to this belief is building an inclusive and distinctive culture – one that is collectively shaped and owned by all Silazens. Learn more about our values here.
WHO YOU ARE:
As an EHS Engineer on the Manufacturing Team you will develop and execute projects to improve safety, reduce risks and ensure compliance with internal standards as well as government (local, state, and federal) regulations. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn our processes so that they can support the development of existing and innovative environmental, health and safety programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Implement, improve and support EHS programs including Contractor Safety, Lock-Out-Tag-Out, Industrial Hygiene, Electrical Safety, Compressed Flammable gas, Incident Investigation, Combustible Dust, PPE
- Perform chemical and equipment hazard assessment and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to chemical and physical work hazards as well as ensure compliance with all required regulations.
- Direct Sila teams in the identification and mitigation of hazards from design through operation of new and existing processes.
- Develop, review and update EHS policies, procedures and strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental incidents.
- Conducts internal safety audits/inspection, accident and near miss investigations, suggests corrective actions, monitor and track completion of corrective action items with site personnel.
- Conduct/Oversee EW/SS, fire extinguisher, lighting/noise surveys, and exposure monitoring as required.
- Develop, conduct and track EHS training based on best practices, regulations, and standards.
- Promote safety awareness as well as participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) program and on Incident Investigation teams.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety and Occupational Health or a relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in an industrial setting.
- High volume manufacturing experience in semiconductor, PV, chemical industry, batteries or similar is preferred.
- Experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding programs, such as LOTO, confined space, electrical safety, machine guarding, powder handling, emergency/chemical spill response, hazardous, toxic, and flammable gas/liquids.
- Experience in PSM facilities with PHA facilitation including what if and HAZOPs.
- Working knowledge of NFPA, California Fire Code, and CGA regulations is a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be a conscientious, curious, and a deliberate thinker/actor who can work with/for a team and have the ability to work autonomously.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Able to move items up to 50 lbs with the assistance of lift equipment
- Able to move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Able to reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection when required
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and safety shoes
Apply Here – https://silanano.com/job-application/2008093/