The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to email@example.com
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of EHS experience in an industrial or academic Facilities Management environment; experience in the Biotech industry is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with stakeholders, vendors, and business partners at all levels.
- Strong background in both occupational health and safety and environmental programs.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to carry out regulatory/EHS program assessments and gather objective evidence through interviews and sampling of documents and records.
- Experience collaborating with and/or leading EHS compliance programs with a diverse team.
- Experience performing EHS inspection in Hard Service/Mechanical areas.
- Experience playing an active role in managing regulatory and company EHS requirements.
- Experience drafting, evaluating, and implementing safety requirements for facilities operations and hot work, elevated work, Lock Out/Tag Out, and other specific programs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and resolve issues under own initiative in accordance with EHS department guidelines
Position Responsibilities: The right candidate for this position will contribute to a safe, high-quality work environment through training, awareness, and regular engagement. This position reports to the Mentor EHS team as an onsite member of the client’s Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) services. The ideal candidate will have meaningful interaction with the client, the Operations team, and other service providers on-site in support of the operations of the hard service.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct job walkthroughs with external contractors, Mentor, and Project staff for High-Risk Work (HRW- Open Flame/Hot Work, Confined Space, Elevated Work at Heights, Fire System Impairment, LOTO, Excavations, EHS By-pass) support and EHS assessments.
- Evaluate requirements for High-Risk Work (HRW) permits; issue and complete HRW Permits for IFM and Projects and conduct a review of HRW activities and permits.
- Work with the site EHS manager to conduct Hazard Evaluation/Task Planning/Operations
- Prepare Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) for Mentor (MTG) employees and contractors; conduct Job Hazard Analyses drafting/review with staff and contractors.
- Provide support to facilities engineering for site shutdowns, seasonal preparedness, and site audits.
- Participate in daily Site Operations Meetings and monthly Mentor EHS Team Meetings.
- Assist in the completion of Corrective Action Plans and action items.
- Supervise and escalate needs regarding good maintenance of PPE, tools, and safety equipment.
- Assist in emergency preparedness, tabletop exercises, and fire drills as Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC).
- Generate and perform EHS Compliance work orders; coordinate retention of compliance documentation (inspection forms, training logs, JHAs, HRW Permits).
- Ensure general compliance with EHS Standards, SOPs, Permits, and SPCC Plan.
- Coordinate the Chemical Management Program: conduct chemical approval and verify compliance with HMIS and GHS labeling of chemicals used at the facility.
- Assist in maintaining licenses, certifications, compliance PMs, calibration and training for electrical workers, safety equipment, and electrical PPE.
- Confined space labeling, inventory assessment, training, and assessment of equipment (e.g., blowers, 4 gas meters, tripod, fall protection).
- Complete machine guarding inspection, labeling, and training.
- Conduct Elevated Work and Fall Protection assessments, training, certification, and PPE inspections.
- Conduct an annual High-Risk Work program review and audit.
- Verify annual Preventive Maintenance certification reports (anchor point inspections, Aerial platform certification, hoists, elevator inspection, etc.).
- Assist in preparing and revising EHS training programs; assist in providing safety training (contractor liaison training, HRW training, Permit completion training, etc.) as needed.
Mentor Technical Group es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y todos los solicitantes calificados recibirán consideración para el empleo sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, información genética, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido, estado de discapacidad o cualquier otro grupo protegido por ley.
Mentor Technical Group is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.