The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to email@example.com
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
Job Title Construction Safety Engineer (Experienced) Job ID 676377
Location: Livermore, California
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking an experienced Construction ES&H Professional (job title: Safety Engineer) to join the Occupational Health and Safety team. In this role, you will supervise field safety of construction work activities in addition to a variety of other duties, such as project planning, hazard analysis, and project walk-downs.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Conduct project walk-downs focused on safe work practices and conduct coaching conversations when corrections are required.
- Facilitate safety meetings where safety trends, gap analyses, and mitigation plans are communicated.
- Review high hazard work prior to execution to include critical lifts, confined space entries, high voltage work, pressure testing, fall protection plans, etc.
- Pre-qualify contract companies by evaluating EHS programs to determine if contract company meets regulatory standards
- Provide guidance, assistance and direction regarding EHS requirements to the construction project management team
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal health and safety regulations
- Participate and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures
- Perform frequent combined safety and environmental inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge and ability to take immediate corrective action if required
- Practice and maintain strong communication and excellent teaming skills between all organizations
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field plus five or more years of relevant experience; or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in construction safety or related industrial experience
- Working knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910, 1926, ANSI and NFPA codes and requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Certified CHST (Construction Health & Safety Technician) preferred
- Experience with training programs associated with heavy equipment including backhoes, aerial lifts, etc.
- Familiarity with electrical, mechanical and process plumbing systems
About Our Team
The Department provides Occupational Health and Safety Engineering support services to the SNL/CA site and personnel. Support includes: radiation protection, industrial hygiene, chemical management, safety engineering and ergonomics.
Security Clearance Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports
.Job Title: REGIONAL SAFETY MANAGER – NorCal
Education: Bachelor’s DegreeCareer LevelManager
Category: Administration, Operations, Project Management, Supervisory
Job Type/ FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Travel Required: 30 – 40%
The Regional Safety Manager is responsible for administering and coordinating ABM compliance to clients’ safety requirements, assisting in the development and deployment of safety regulatory and awareness training, assisting in the conduct of enterprise safety compliance verification activities, performing analytics and recommend improvement and or enhancement actions, monitoring and advising on progress of projects, plans and activities, and assisting in generation of high level and external presentations and reviews.
• Responsible for implementing and evaluating safety efforts that effectively communicate and support company policies in a consistent manner with a key focus on incident prevention and loss abatement.
• Conduct on-site risk assessments and job hazard analysis’ to identify potential hazards to our employees, clients, the public and environment.
• Design and implement controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Enforce policy, provide coaching, get expectations and provide resources to the operating team to sustain successful operations.
• Conduct accident investigations, identify root causes and recommend corrective/preventive actions.
• Maintain compliance with all OSHA Recordkeeping requirements, including but limited to, OSHA 300 logs, training records and others compliance programs requirements specified in 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, where applicable.
• Facilitate implementation of safe work techniques, effective safety methods and processes, evaluating performance management, training and regulatory compliance.
• Lead regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
• Drive the evolution of the organization’s safety culture by ensuring that all business strategies and safety initiatives align with the organizations vision, mission and goals.
• Maintain knowledge of safety, health and environmental regulations at all levels of government, including federal, state and local and possess the ability to evaluate, document and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
• Successful implementation of injury reduction initiatives.
• Actively partner with Ops and provide needed support.
• Design and implement controls to mitigate identified risks.
• Enforce policy, recognize desired behaviors or provide coaching to Ops.
• Align market priorities with organizational goals and objectives.Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Safety Management, Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety or EH&S related degree is required.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years progressive responsibility in the field of Safety and Risk Management.
• Professional certification in related fields are preferred.
• Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
• Ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.
• Skilled in communicating ideas and instructions clearly.
• Strong organization skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Sacramento, CA 94211 US (Primary)
San Francisco, CA 94107 US
San Jose, CA 95115 US
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
For more information or to apply, please go to: https://abm.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/62059
At Republic Indemnity we market workers’ compensation insurance to a variety of clients primarily in California and the western United States. With a commitment to strong results and extraordinary service, there are always opportunities to learn and grow. We are a subsidiary of Great American Insurance Group, where the focus is on building relationships and linking people to many career paths. Whether it is underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, or customer service, Republic combines a “small company” entrepreneurial atmosphere with “big company” expertise of the Great American Insurance Group. Great American has more than 35 specialty insurance divisions within our Property & Casualty Group, and our Annuity Group offers a broad range of financial services.
Republic Indemnity is currently recruiting for a Loss Control Consultant to service accounts in vibrant San Francisco and beautiful East Bay and Peninsula areas.
Enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a company car while you work for a company with a culture of respect for the individual, achieving excellence, work-life balance, and workplace stability. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Great American Insurance, Republic Indemnity has the advantage of being a boutique-type employer inside the larger parent organization. We create customization and personalization, make decisions and get things done quickly, without dealing with a huge bureaucracy.
- Identify exposures and recommend a course of action
- Help reduce frequency and severity of injuries
- Communicate with insureds, producers and underwriting
We are looking for someone with Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience working in safety, insurance or related industries, along with skills in complex problems solving and analysis, good judgement and decision-making, time management and strong written and verbal skills. If you have industry designations and/or a Master’s degree, that is even better. Bilingual English/Spanish is a huge plus. A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are a must.
To apply online, please use this link: https://jobs-gaic.icims.com/jobs/26565/loss-control-consultant/job
Employer: East Bay Municipal Utility District
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: $135,984 – $196,428 Annually
Open Dates: 5/10 – 5/28
This position is responsible for ensuring EBMUD-wide compliance with occupational health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a Health and Safety Program as well as managing other safety and health professionals. Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is desired.
For a complete job description and the application, please visit our website at www.ebmud.com/jobs.
Two opening position: Reporting to Roseville-CA or Dublin-CA Office and Fresno – CA Office
The ideal candidate would be located within the areas of Sacramento to Santa Rosa and south to Concord to cover the book of business this position manages
Identifies employee injury/illness exposures and provides workers’ compensation cost control services. Consults with policyholders and internal partners to reduce policyholder loss potential. Supports effective workers’ compensation underwriting with timely and accurate policy rating and risk information. Works under moderate supervision and guidance within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate size and technical complexity. All tasks are to be performed with the goal of achieving an underwriting profit and demonstrating Zenith’s superior workers’ compensation expertise.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct assigned underwriting surveys at prospect and policyholder locations to define business operations, and key employee injury/illness exposures and controls.
- Identify and evaluate the following workplace safety & health exposures: manual material handling and ergonomics; machinery and equipment; falls; motor vehicles; and occupational disease.
- Evaluate effectiveness of prospect and policyholder safety & health programs and workforce wellness initiatives.
- Identify moderate complexity engineering and/or administrative controls to reduce workers’ compensation loss potential.
- Use evidence-based safety & health service approach to identify key trends and prioritize policyholder service needs.
- Develop safety & health service plans and performs ongoing consultation to assigned service accounts.
- Develop and submit recommendations to reduce policyholder employee injury/illness potential and workers’ compensation costs.
- Influence policyholders to implement safety & health recommendations.
- Build and maintain productive policyholder and agency work relationships.
- Prepare effective reports for policyholders and internal partners.
- Conduct effective investigation of serious workers’ compensation incidents.
- Coordinate safety & health services for multi-location, single region policyholders.
- Conduct policyholder training primarily based on need.
- Market Zenith and the Safety & Health department.
- Meet department standards for individual work quality, productivity, and time service.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience OR equivalent work experience required. In order for work experience to be qualifying, experience must have been obtained in an industry of interest, providing progressively responsible insurance risk control or job-related safety services required.
- 1+ Years Safety and Health experience required with bachelor’s degree.
- Must be working toward achieving a Safety & Health related master’s degree or recognized professional designation such as CSP, ARM or CIH.
- Working knowledge of return to work program features and benefits.
- Effective communication, sales and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other common business software.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary Zenith systems.
- Ability to effectively operate mobile computer and communication devices.
- Driver License in good standing.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation and agriculture insurance; including basic understanding of experience modification, underwriting, and claims practices preferred.
- Basic understanding of key performance measures for workers’ compensation insurance carrier preferred.
- Basic understanding of occupational medicine provider network features and benefits preferred.
- Familiar with P&C insurance agent and broker operations preferred.
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in the Agricultural sector preferred.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
For more information or to apply, please visit Zenith Careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Zenith Insurance Company.