The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to email@example.com
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
Cal/OSHA is hiring Safety Engineers in the Bay Area. These are field positions that conduct compliance inspections in many different settings and work with employers on a wide range of health and safety issues.
Apply now – deadline 2/9/23
Additional positions are regularly being added, please click here for all Associate Safety Engineer positions
Cal/OSHA inspectors help improve health and safety conditions in workplaces and make a positive difference in the lives of California workers.
Learn more about:
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Have questions? Contact a Cal/OSHA recruiter at CalOSHAJobs@dir.ca.gov
Safesite is looking for a Risk Control Consultant on the west coast with Insurance background. This person will be responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring, and continuous improvement of Safesite’s Safety Success and risk management programs. Reporting to the Head of Safety Success, this role will ultimately be responsible for ensuring safety services are deployed effectively to Safesite customers and improving safety performance. Services will include a wide range of conventional safety consultancy as well as technology-driven initiatives primarily delivered via the Safesite platform.
The ideal candidate is an expert in commercial safety programs, risk evaluation, and industry best practices. In addition, the successful candidate will be instrumental in establishing and supporting, from a safety success perspective, insurance service operations which include risk management and control.
Our vision at Safesite is to eliminate workplace injuries for high-risk industries and reduce insurance costs. Thousands of workers are injured every day around the world. These hard-working mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, sisters, and brothers are the essential engine room of the world economy. Just one injury can snowball, affecting every area of a worker’s life.
We are a venture-backed, fast-growing company, providing much-needed solutions to industries that have been left behind when it comes to technology adoption. Over the next 2 years, Safesite will see rapid growth in its customer base, revenue, and operating team furthering our mission to help save the lives of workers across the world. We will not rest until every worker feels safe on the job and can be 100% confident they will go home at the end of the day.
By deploying the latest technologies into the field and capturing critical safety and risk data from the frontline workers, Safesite is able to accurately predict and help customers prevent workplace injuries. 4,000 US companies use the Safesite app and desktop portal on a daily basis to facilitate OSHA compliance activities, drive safety engagement, and dramatically reduce incidents and claim frequency. Safesite brings an advanced digital solution to the traditional loss control model and through strategic partnerships, customers can now significantly reduce expensive workers compensation costs.
Check out our website at www.safesitehq.com
- Consults, advises, and persuades more complex policyholder operations on ways and means to eliminate or minimize their exposure to risk. Recommends modification of current program based on his/her evaluation. Obtains an agreement from the policyholder on an implementation plan to reduce areas of loss and bring the strategy to satisfactory completion.
- Clearly communicate value and expectations to clients and peers, and align prospective clients with defined safety protocols.
- Prepare strategic risk management and risk control services for customers.
- Review existing and new customer IIPP, safety program element, and loss performance coordinating the update of compliance documentation as required.
- Ensure customers are equipped, and supported using Safesite resources to meet all safety obligations, and be compliant with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to Health, and Safety.
- Perform ongoing risk evaluation and servicing of key accounts across a wide range of high-risk industries including construction, manufacturing, and general industry.
- Define and coordinate regular safety performance reviews with customer safety stakeholders.
- Be at the forefront of upcoming new and revised regulatory requirements.
- Seek opportunities to utilize data and technology to enhance Safesite’s operations.
- Identify and conduct analysis of claims, historical losses, and loss trend analysis data to identify and target high-risk exposures for clients.
- Work closely with colleagues to define, implement and test internal systems for management of customer safety success.
- Traveling to job sites as required and performing any additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Insurance carrier loss control or brokerage loss control services.
- ASP, CSP, ARM or other professional designation preferred.
- This candidate must be located in the West Coast region ( Northern CA or NV preferred) or be able to travel as required to complete responsibilities.
- A high degree of tech awareness. Experience with digital solutions, including wearables, a plus.
- Background working with construction companies, contract consulting work, insurance agencies, brokerages and carriers.
- Experience in loss risk management consulting and claims management with commercial workers compensation insurance stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Agriculture background is a plus
- Spanish language experience is a plus.
As a fully remote company, the compensation range provided is based on a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, and other business and organizational needs and is based on national averages*. At Foresight Group, and its subsidiaries, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $90,000-$105,000+ bonus + equity.
*Location will be considered if the role is required to be located in a certain geographic area
Gachina is a WBENC and MBE certified family business located in the SF Bay Area. We strive to continuously improve our approach to landscape management using the latest technology, science and by following the 8 Principles of ReScape California.
|Job Title: Associate Safety Officer||Classification: Full-time; Exempt|
|Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000||Schedule: M-F 7:00am to 4:00pm; may vary based on the needs of the business|
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Indirectly Reports To: Safety Officer
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000
Reporting Location: 1130 Obrien Dr. Menlo Park, CA 94025
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7-4pm; may vary based on the needs of the business
The Associate Safety Officer is responsible for assisting in managing the company’s Health and Safety Program including the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and assisting accident prevention strategies. The Associate Safety Officer champions the Gachina safety culture, nurtures employee relationships and ensures compliance with standard operating procedures. They will work cooperatively with operations to engage employees and management in accident prevention, daily stretching program, safety inspections, injury investigations, training, and initiatives proposed.
Primary Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Safety Training & Inspections:
- Assist with tracking and implementation of all programs under Gachina Landscape Management’s Health & Safety Program.
- Performs safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with accident prevention strategies, policy, and procedures.
- Coordinates Accident Prevention Training such as the Weekly Tailgate Training Program to educate and inform the workforce on accident prevention.
- Tracks and documents potential risks, hazards, nearly missed accidents and actual accidents to understand causes and provide recommendations for changes to prevent future incidents and corrective measures for repeated incidents.
- Serves as a representative and participant for all OSHA visits and investigations.
- Support Gachina’s Certification Program on safety procedures
- Fleet Safety & Training:
- Assists in reviewing and investigating auto and property damages.
- Assists in investigation of theft and assists in recommendations in preventive measures.
- Assists in managing the Motor Observations Reports (MORs) program
- Assists in monitoring the fleet GPS program and makes the necessary recommendations to the HR director and Safety Officer
- Provides training assistance for employees having difficulties in navigating the fleet GPS platform and rolls out any new initiatives.
- Workers Compensation & First Aid Investigations:
- Provides support on workers compensation and first aid claims by assisting in injury investigations and presents recommendations for improvement to Safety Officer and HR Director.
- Facilities Compliance:
- Complete walkthrough of each facility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure warehouse is following Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
- Egress areas are maintained.
- Any safety violations or potential hazards have been addressed.
- Other Duties:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Travels between jobsites and branch locations to conduct safety inspections, follow ups and investigations.
- Maintains a positive and productive relationships and partnerships with third party vendors, clients, and insurers (brokers & Risk Loss Assessors)
- Successfully completes required trainings and certifications programs within a reasonable time frame
- Performs other related duties and proposed initiatives as assigned by the Director of HR.
- Employee Relations:
- Support and enhance company safety culture and build strong teams.
- Support team development, training and certification programs
- Support and follow up on resolution of personnel and safety issues, disciplinary actions, and employee relation needs.
- Contribute to investigations and resolutions for positive and cohesive outcomes.
Experience, Qualifications, and Additional Compensation:
- Valid CA Driver’s License and must be pre-authorized by the Company’s insurance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in safety, risk assessment or in similar role or responsibilities
- Basic understanding of company safety policies, applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards and industry specific safety regulations with local, federal, and state laws.
- Effective verbal and written communications in English/Spanish
- Proficiency with Telephone/Voicemail Technology and computers – iPhone OS, business management systems, MS Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams)
- Ability to develop strong employee relationships, responsive and receptive to employee and management requests.
- Organized and self-motivated – meet deadlines and associated follow ups.
- Lead by example – positive attitude, initiative, team oriented, and strong role model
- Communicate priorities, follow-up to ensure quality and hold team members accountable.
- Ability to demonstrate safety related tasks including but not limited to: lifting up to 25lbs., Full range of mobility in upper and lower body including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach and extended with arms and hands
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and operate computer, phone, and other tools and equipment as needed
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification
- HAZWOPER certification
- Heavy Equipment Training
- NALP CLT or equivalent certification
- ReScape California RSQP
- ASSP(American Society of Safety Professionals), CSP(Certified Safety Professional) or equivalent, COSS(Certified Occupational Safety Specialist) certification
- AA/BA in Business Administration, Risk Management, Horticulture, or similar
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Plans
- 401k Plan & Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Gift Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Appreciation & Development Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- iPhone & Laptop for business purposes
- Company Vehicle for business purposes
Click the link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=784ad60f-aa2e-499c-a19c-845792321aad&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US