The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
Cal/OSHA is hiring Safety Engineers in the Bay Area. These are field positions that conduct compliance inspections in many different settings and work with employers on a wide range of health and safety
Additional positions are regularly being added, please click here for all Assistant Safety Engineer positions
Cal/OSHA inspectors help improve health and safety conditions in workplaces and make a positive difference in the lives of California workers.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have questions? Contact a Cal/OSHA recruiter at CalOSHAJobs@dir.ca.gov
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
The primary focus of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Senior Specialist will be to support the evolution and implementation of Bristol-Myers Squibb Global Environmental Occupational Health Safety and Sustainability Standards at the Bristol-Myers Redwood City and Brisbane Research and Early Development sites. This role will maintain Environmental, Health and Safety support to ensure worker safety, environmental stewardship, regulatory compliance, and adherence to BMS Global Standards.
The EHS Specialist will work as part of a team to manage all required Work Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, documentation, training, inspection records, communications, and performance metrics to ensure best practices and compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations and Bristol-Myers Squibb Global EOHSS Standards.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Champion key EHS initiatives such as Green Labs Program, Risk Assessments, Industrial Hygiene Monitoring, Ergonomics, Contractor Safety, Chemical Hygiene, and Biosafety programs
- EHS systems and database administration: Leverage the BMS EHS Management System Platform to manage BMS Sustainability initiatives, inspections, Facility Self-Assessments, Industrial Hygiene, and corrective actions
- EHS training platform coordination – assist with the administration and tracking of EHS training content on company learning platforms
- Assist in the maintenance of Bay Area EOHSS Standard Operating Procedures, site Work Instructions, and plans to help ensure continued improvement of facility and organization EHS performance.
- BMS EOHSS Standards Integration work: assist in deployment of documentation to align existing programs with Bristol-Myers Squibb Global Environmental, Occupational Health, Safety, and Sustainability requirements
- Support implementation of incident and near miss reporting and investigation process, ensures communication to appropriate management, and/or implementation of necessary preventive measures.
- Assist with the management of EHS PPE deployment programs such as safety footwear and prescriptions safety glasses
- Schedule and coordinate Ergonomic Assessments as needed for employees. Manage any required follow up equipment or tools to ensure end customer satisfaction
- Act as liaison with Facilities, Lab Services, and Research departments to facilitate design and implementation of site projects with EHS impacts.
- Assist in tracking and coordination of EHS permit renewals, regulatory deadlines, training requirements and other internal compliance timelines.
- Assist in the administration of contractor safety program and associated Work Permits, Job Hazard Analysis, and any required documentation.
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree in safety or environmental sciences related field; Chemistry, Biology, or closely related scientific field.
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) plus years of industry experience, preferably within a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state, and local environmental health and safety regulations and procedures that apply to the biotech industry.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental principles and regulations is necessary.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using effective and appropriate judgment.
- Manage multiple projects/tasks, effectively prioritize tasks, communication skills and timely closure of assignments.
- Strong in database management and technical writing experience a plus
- SharePoint, SuccessFactors, and Veeva Vault (CelDox) experience a plus
The starting compensation for this job in California is a range from $79,000 – $100,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility). The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed. Final, individual compensation will be decided based on demonstrated experience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our BMS Career Site.
Benefit offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effect and may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing support such as the BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support. Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown days between Christmas and New Year’s holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility. Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Hybrid – Berkeley, California
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are seeking an experienced leader to grow our safety program at Twelve. As an EH&S manager you will be supporting a dynamic research organization working on cutting edge technologies with huge environmental benefits. You’ll be a strong voice for safety and environmental stewardship in the workplace. You’ll manage internal and external resources in expanding our safety program across a growing number of sites. You’ll work closely with scientists and engineers to safely advance progress in research and development, manufacturing, and production environments. An ideal candidate will be a fast learner, problem-solver and self-starter who is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing startup environment.
What you will do
- Direct the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of EHS programs and processes
- Lead and support team members by providing training, coaching, and guidance to ensure alignment with all federal, state, local, and corporate requirements
- Manage EH&S specialists and external consultants in executing and improving Twelve’s safety program
- Collaborate with operations, facilities, and IT teams to develop policy and programs to improve employee experience
- Act as a technical safety resource for research, process development, and manufacturing teams
- Manage EH&S training programs such as Hazardous Waste handling, GHS, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
- Conduct and/or coordinate risk assessments, regular inspections of work areas, incident response and after action reports
Who you are
- 10 years of EH&S experience
- Experience leading EH&S in a research environment and manufacturing OR production environment
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills, with the ability to influence across multiple areas of the business and external partners
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations, relevant codes, and permitting processes
- Skilled in core computer tools such as Google Workspace, task tracking software & cloud storage
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $140,000 – $175,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate’s diverse sets of skill levels.
About Western Allied Mechanicals
Western Allied Mechanical stands on the cutting edge of HVAC system design and operation. We combine innovative thinking and technologies with our intricate engineering to create, build and maintain comfortable, energy-efficient environments. Our relational focus and entrepreneurial spirit continually drive us to attract and develop the finest talent, while building and enduring customer relationships. We strive to be Driven by Innovation, Grounded in Care and Dedicated to Teamwork. Western Allied has been Operating for over 50 years as a mechanical contractor for bio-tech, high tech, retrofit, and LEED/Green projects. We are looking for intelligent, organized and innovative people to join our team!
Description of Position
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join our team. As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (ESH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. In this role, you will collaborate closely with employees at all levels of the organization to promote safety awareness and establish safety protocols. You will conduct regular safety inspections, risk assessments, and incident investigations to identify potential hazards and implement corrective actions. Additionally, the Safety Officer will be responsible for creating and delivering safety training programs to enhance employee knowledge and adherence to safety standards. You will play a crucial part in maintaining documentation and records related to safety compliance and incident reports. Join our team and make a meaningful contribution to maintaining a secure and healthy work environment for all employees.
Pay Range: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ability to work closely with Senior Safety Coordinator on all safety matters
- Assist in planning and implementation of EHS policies and programs (IIPP & COSP)
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational Training and Employee work related training on a regular basis (Must poses instructor skills)
- Certified Trainer a plus, or must be able to complete OSHA 30, 510
- Review existing policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with Safety Team to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Assist in risk assessments
- Assist with preventative safety measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Project site inspections to assist employees with rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees’ safety
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1-4 years of experience as a site Safety or similar role. Time will be divided between office and field verification and auditing of construction sites.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices (Hazard Identification)
- 5 years of experience in producing reports (Incident, Accident investigation a plus)
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office, iPhone and use of basic computer technology.
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BCSP Certified in occupational health and safety (STSC at minimum) or equivalent OSHA Certificate
- Desired: ASP, GSP, OSHA Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program, EMT
Working at Western Allied Mechanical comes with a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a 401K Plan, discretionary 401K profit-sharing & matching, and Paid Time Off. This is a rewarding position that offers the excitement and satisfaction of working both individually and with a team. As a company with fewer than 350 employees, we are focused on supporting the professional growth of our employees and treating them like family. Our open-door policy facilitates our culture of mutual support that permeates work experience. Our location in Union City is ideal for commutes from all over the Bay Area.
Western Allied Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer located in Union City, CA. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in working with us.
Please submit an application through our website: https://www.westernallied.com/careers/current- openings/
Are you a senior professional in the field of health, safety, and emergency response management seeking a new leadership role? Are you a self-starter who excels at creating solutions and practices to solve problems? Do you have experience with developing and implementing safety and emergency management programs? Are you looking for a collaborative leadership environment that supports your goals and growth? Do you value a hybrid work environment? If so, Marin Municipal Water District (District) welcomes your application.
As a valuable member of the Water Resources Department, the Safety and Emergency Response Manager is responsible for the management, administration, and coordination of the District’s health, safety, and emergency management programs to assure an effective and coordinated response to emergency events and to protect the District from exposure to hazardous or unsafe conditions. This position reports to the Water Resources Director and is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and administering the District’s health, safety, and emergency management programs which include safety training, all related investigations, assuring compliance with applicable state and federal health and safety regulations, promoting emergency preparedness, and preparing for emergency response recovery and mitigation.
Regional Government Services (RGS) and its staff are conducting this recruitment for Marin Municipal Water District.
For more information about this exciting opportunity click the link below:
Salary: $135,756.00 – $165,012.00 Annually
Deadline to apply: September 14, 2023, at 11:59 PM PST.
Marin Municipal Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer