The San Francisco Chapter — ASSP is happy to post your job on our website. All you need to do is send the job posting information – as a text in an e-mail body or as an MS word document to email@example.com
There is no cost associated with posting on our website.
Old job postings that are more than 60 days old will be removed from the website. If you haven’t found a suitable candidate in that time, please send a new listing to be re-posted.
Health & Safety Team Leader – Research Support – 92345
Organization: EH-Environ, Health, & Safety
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is seeking an experienced Health & Safety Research Support Team Leader to join the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Division. This position will oversee the functional areas of laboratory safety, biological safety, pressure safety, and ergonomics. This includes providing managerial and technical leadership and expertise for Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, and Ergonomic Professionals that help Berkeley Lab line management provide a safe and healthful workplace for Lab employees. As part of the Health & Safety leadership team, this position will develop, modify and execute Laboratory policies that affect immediate operations and may also have business-wide effect.
This is a rare opportunity for a senior-level professional to join the Health & Safety Department and work with a high-caliber EH&S team to support scientific research at Berkeley Lab, while building a rewarding career with a highly regarded research institution.
What You Will Do:
- As Health & Safety Team Leader for Research Support, provide expert-level technical leadership and formal supervision to a 12-person team responsible for managing activities related to laboratory safety, biological safety, pressure safety, and ergonomics.
- Provide guidance and supervision for 6 direct reports.
- Manage performance of employees, including review of technical competencies and ability to meet established goals and objectives. Prepare performance reviews, develop meaningful performance expectations and development plans for each team member.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and develop team members.
- Provide technical direction for staff who manage technical Health & Safety programs. Balance workplace demands on team members in ways that best uses skills, knowledge, and abilities of each.
- Assure teams’ adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Manage and plan technical programs. Strategically evaluate and anticipate business needs within program areas. Ensure programs are developed and are operated at maintenance level.
- Lead the application of Integrated Safety Management principles in assigned functional areas.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for matters of the COVID Safety and as overall institutional “Owner” of the COVID Prevention Program.
- Maintain the technical program policy in the ES&H Safety Manual as defined by Local, State and Federal requirements.
- Develop and administer the Assurance Plan. Establish assurance criteria, including conformance with ES&H Manual requirements. Implement surveys, reviews or audits as required to fulfill requirements. Report results of program assessments to subject divisions and EH&S Division management.
- Effectively collaborate with other EH&S management team members to help shape the mission and vision of the division.
- Serve as a spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Act as a prime consultant on large projects that affect the Berkeley Lab’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Represent Berkeley Lab in interactions with the Department of Energy, regulators, peers at other facilities, clients, and management.
- Participate as a technical resource in HazMat emergencies in coordination with Berkeley Lab Fire Operations and the HazMat Planning technical lead(s).
- Direct the continuous improvement of the CHESS Enterprise System. Work with staff to ensure the system meets the needs of the program and the customers.
- Lead Causal Analysis, Effectiveness Review, and Corrective Action Teams.
What is Required:
- B.S. degree and 20 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Safety Engineering and/or Industrial Hygiene disciplines.
- Broad expert knowledge and work experience in the detection and control of hazards involved with complex technologies in a research environment.
- Broad expert knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, and other pertinent federal, state, and local regulatory requirements driving such programs and others relevant to a multiprogram national laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading interdisciplinary EH&S teams. Experience effectively supervising a team of safety professionals and/or technicians.
- Ability to plan all activities, identify and assess hazards of the workplace, assure administrative and technical controls are used to mitigate the hazards, oversee the performance of the work, and feedback improvements into the work performance.
- Independent decision-making skills and proven ability to provide leadership in group processes. Ability to make recommendations and decisions that affect the personal safety, cost, and use of equipment and procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills along with strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with people in the widest variety of job classifications to obtain positions most favorable to an organization.
- Proven ability to provide technical consultation and problem solving support to customer division(s) in the development of innovative solutions and standards relative to new processes and technologies in a dynamic research environment.
- Professional certification, registration, or equivalent.
- Ph.D. or M.S. level degree and 15 years of relevant experience.
- This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
Senior Design Review/Construction Safety Professional – 92328
Organization: EH-Environ, Health, & Safety
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has an opening for a Senior Design Review/Construction Safety Professional in the Environment, Health & Safety Division (EHS, http://www2.lbl.gov/ehs/). This position will work closely with our multidisciplinary project planning teams to provide a range of project design review, field safety support, subcontractor oversight, and health and safety consultation for renovation and construction projects across the Laboratory. As the EHS representative, this critical role will review plans to ensure facilities are designed and constructed to meet established safety and environmental regulations and best practices, and provide consultative direction to provide solutions to complex construction design review and EHS program-related issues for Berkeley Lab internal clients.
What You Will Do:
• Act as the EHS Project Team Lead throughout the lifecycle for assigned construction projects. Serve as the EHS Design Review lead for all EHS elements in Design Review Process; identify EHS specialty areas that require supplemental support and engage SMEs as needed.
• Use LBNL Master Specifications, PUB-3000 Chapter 10, ANSI/ASSE Z590.3 – 2011 (R2016) Prevention through Design, and other national consensus standards to ensure project designs and construct buildings are safe to occupy, safe to maintain, and are built in a way that protects construction personnel, LBNL personnel, the public, and the environment.
• Review plans, design specifications and drawings for all planned new facilities and renovations to existing facilities with regard to safety. Make recommendations in concert with other departments to maintain compliance with federal, state and local fire, health, and safety regulations and codes that will achieve the optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposures while maintaining budgetary constraints.
• Attend Design Review, project start-up, and other meetings to gain insight on project scope, timeline and complexity.
• Participate in Project Reviews and Department of Energy Critical Decision Reviews.
• Review subcontractor Site-Specific Safety Plans before work starts and verify that adequate forethought has been given to each phase of construction and that their proposed work plan meets safety regulations. Consult and communicate with other SMEs as appropriate.
• Attend project pre-start and progress meetings with subcontractors. Partner with subcontractors to familiarize them with Berkeley Lab’s safety and industrial hygiene expectations and provide guidance to steer their safety management of ongoing and upcoming activities in the proper direction.
• Coordinate and consolidate comments from EHS SMEs and act as the single point of contact for Facilities and Project Management Divisions.
• Provide construction safety field support for assigned projects; assure day-to-day work, operations, and activities are conducted safely and within established work authorizations in accordance with PUB-3000.
What is Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in advanced industrial safety and hygiene; or an advanced graduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 7 years experience in advanced industrial safety and hygiene.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills to effectively interact with integrated project teams comprised of Facilities and EHS management/staff, project managers/superintendents, and subcontractors.
• Experience reviewing Master Specifications, contract documents, blueprints and designs, RFIs and submittals and other relevant construction documents.
• Substantial knowledge and understanding of OSHA, DOE, ANSI, and other related health and safety requirements/regulations, and experience applying these in a variety of construction or other industrial work environments.
• Proficiency with standard business software, including word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets.
• Ability to perform the physical requirements of this position, including field activity involving routinely lifting equipment weighing up to 25 lbs, frequent standing and walking, moving in confined spaces, climbing stairs, inspecting equipment requiring reaching with hands and arms and use of hands to handle or feel, and frequently stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
• Experience working for Design firms and/or a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
• This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply:
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=197878 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEIS), enables design breakthroughs and drives growth for leading semiconductor and industrial customers. Our precision power and control technologies, along with our applications know-how, inspire close partnerships and innovation in thin-film and industrial manufacturing. We are proud of our rich heritage, award-winning technologies, and we value the talents and contributions of all Advanced Energy’s employees worldwide.
Executes and facilitates Advanced Energy’s environmental health and safety program portfolio for multiple locations with the goal of eliminating injuries and incidents, preventing property loss, and minimizing impact to human health and the environment. Responsible for EHS at multiple AE facilities and travel is required. Responsible for employee awareness programs, training, and overall compliance. Provides and coordinates audits and hazard assessments for compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other relevant requirements. Works under minimal supervision.
- Lead planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining of occupational health, safety, and environmental programs. Ensure that Advanced Energy complies with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and standards.
- Lead safety-forward culture changes.
- Respond as a leader to emergencies and incidents.
- Champion safety and chair safety committees at a facility level.
- Coordinate and conduct site safety inspections and audits. Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and conduct site-specific education and training.
- Perform hazard assessments including job hazard assessments and audits with business leaders and prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Maintaining chemical inventory list and ensure the SDS library database is up to date.
- Assist business partners with reporting incidents and near misses. Lead incident investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Steward and facilitate emergency action plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Time is divided between office, engineering labs, and production environments. Requires sitting, standing, walking, and talking for extended periods of time and lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Will be required to work in all environments at AE. Regular travel required.
- Knowledge/ proficiency in these areas:
- Safety culture development
- Effective communication
- EHS auditing
- Electrical safety and NFPA 70e
- Emergency response
- Ergonomics – office and manual materials handling
- Fall protection
- Fire prevention
- Hand tools
- Hazard identification and assessments
- Hazardous materials management and hazardous waste operations
- Hot work
- Incident investigations
- Lockout tagout and controlling hazardous energy
- Machine guarding
- Management of change
- OSHA recordkeeping
- Powered industrial trucks
- PPE selection
- Risk management
- Time management
- Training – creating content and effective presentation skills
- Workplace violence prevention
- Self-directed with strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without formal authority
- Ability to locate, interpret, and implement regulatory and consensus standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications and other common computer tools
Minimum 5 years’ experience in related fields such as safety, ergonomics, and hazardous waste management
Experience in manufacturing or R&D engineering labs
Skilled in hazardous waste management
Experience with ISO 14001
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, Physical Sciences, or Engineering OR Occupational Hygiene Safety Technician (OHST) certification
Advanced Energy is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply, please go Advanced Energy Jobs Page.
Currently we are looking for contract Senior Loss Control Subcontractors to work with our team. You will provide superior services with established accounts as well as contribute to the national growth of our consulting services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous insurance orientated loss control & general liability experience
- Construction, manufacturing, and habitational risks
- CSP certification preferred
- Willing to work as a true independent subcontractor with negotiable hourly rates
- Excellent communication and writing skills are a necessity
We currently have opportunities located in statewide California.
HETI, is a full-service, nationwide loss control and risk management service company specializing in risk assessment, occupational health and safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, fleet safety, risk auditing, and litigation/expert witness support. With our operations nationwide, our clients range from Fortune 500 firms to small businesses.
Please email your resume Denis D’Arcy at Heti (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Location: Livermore, CA
Status: Full time, temporary (one year, renewable)
We are seeking a Construction ES&H Professional (job title: Safety Engineer).
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Oversee field safety of construction work activities
- Conduct project walkdowns focused on safe work practices and conduct coaching conversations when corrections are required.
- Facilitate safety meetings where safety trends, gap analyses, and mitigation plans are communicated.
- Review high hazard work prior to execution to include critical lifts, confined space entries, high voltage work, pressure testing, fall protection plans, etc.
- Participate in project kick off meetings and describe EHS site specific expectations.
- Pre-qualify contract companies by evaluating EHS programs to determine if contract company meets regulatory standards
- Provide guidance, assistance and direction regarding EHS requirements to the construction project management team
- Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal health and safety regulations
- Participate and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures
- Participate in project planning and hazard analysis
- Perform frequent combined safety and environmental inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge and ability to take immediate corrective action if required
- Practice and maintain strong communication and excellent teaming skills between all organizations
|Qualifications We Require|
|Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field plus 5 or|
more years of related experience; or equivalent 5 or more years of experience in construction safety or related industrial experience Working knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910, 1926, ANSI and NFPA codes and requirements Ability to obtain and maintain a Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire: Certified CHST Experience with training programs associated with heavy equipment including backhoes, aerial lifts, etc Familiarity with electrical, mechanical and process plumbing systems
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia’s discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Job ID: 675516